ABC's of Moving

You know the old saying: If you want to hear God laugh - make a plan?

Well, here's a little something to file under HA-HA! ....

We've been sitting here for weeks waiting, WAITING, and WAITING some more - without a plan B. Wednesday we decided, that we're going to leave on Feb 9th, whether or not my car sells. That if it sells - great, we'll rent the truck and take everything with us, and if it doesn't, we'll pack what we can in the 2 SUV's (with the help of a couple hitch haulers) and leave the big things behind until the condo sells. It's not ideal, but it's better than nothing.

Then there was a guy who saw the ebay ad and said he wanted to come up on Saturday to check out the car. He was supposed to show around 10 am. When noon rolled around without him showing or calling, we resigned ourselves to the fact that we were going to be stuck with plan B after all.

It was after 1pm, I think, when he called to say he was on his way. But the bottom line is - by about 3pm I was officially without a car, and in possession of a big wad of cash - happy dancing ensued. So it was back to plan A :)

But then we started thinking about things like; perhaps it's better to spend $1000 to BUY a trailer that you can then turn around and sell in WV than it is to spend $1000 on the one time rental of a truck for 9 days. The only problem with the trailer idea being that we would all have to ride in the one SUV, and that would be very cramped. So I'm currently looking online to see if there's a super-cheap second car we can pick up.

So, now we're pondering and researching plan C .... oy vey, shoot me now, lol:)

4 comments:

b. said...

I'm not going to shoot you, but...I had forgotten about that saying. THANKS! It's a great line!

Congrats on selling your vehick.

Good Luck with Plan C. and D. and E. Because that's usually how it rolls!

LuluBunny said...

THANKS b. :):):)

Pacian said...

Oooh. It's the 9th today - at least in this time zone. Bon voyage, Lulubunny...

LuluBunny said...

Thanks Pacian, but actually we're still here in CA :(

The revised, revised, revised, revised plan (stop laughing!) has us leaving on Sunday Feb 17th.

We had a couple DMV/car registration issues - and now my dad's car has failed the smog check so it's back over to the DMV on Monday again. But it's ok really because we'll get 60 days to fix it, by then we'll be in WV, and WV doesn't worry about emissions like California does.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...